Hi, I am Mark, a Computer Science and Maths student at New York University Abu Dhabi and the President of HackAD, our largest student tech community. I also had a great privilege of being a part of the pioneer class of THINK Global School, the world's first traveling high school, where I studied in 12 countries in 12 trimesters.
I am a quick learner who absorbs new ideas and loves tackling stretch projects. Most recently I worked at Russian Internet company Yandex on their Chromium-based web browser and on Green Navigation, an open source system to compute energy-optimal routes for electric vehicles, during Google Summer of Code. Technology fascinates me, and I am always on the lookout for ways for it to bring value to the society and to help others.
- Implemented features such as navigation and multi-page printing for mobi and fb2 formats for the ebook reader in Yandex Browser.
- Fixed UI bugs related to video playback & image display on inconsistent Internet connections in a content recommender system.
- Developed an array of custom web components using Polymer for the browser’s password manager and settings page.
- Wrote unit and integration tests using Mocha, Chai, SinonJS, and the Chrome Extension API.
GOOGLE SUMMER OF CODE
- Worked on Green Navigation, an open source system to compute energy-optimal routes for electric vehicles.
- Implemented the ability to switch between Google and Leaflet maps and various map layers seamlessly.
- Integrated live traffic, weather and precipitation data using Google Maps API and OpenWeatherMap API.
- Redesigned the front end adhering to Material Design guidelines and implemented the interface using Polymer.
- Migrated the wiki to a custom Jekyll-powered static site, created a style guide and maintained documentation.