Hi, I am Mark, a Computer Science student at New York University Abu Dhabi. I also had a great privilege of being a part of the pioneer class of THINK Global School, the world's first traveling high school. I am a quick learner who absorbs new ideas and loves tackling stretch projects. Most recently I worked at Yandex on their Chromium-based browser and on Green Navigation, an open source system to compute energy-optimal routes for electric vehicles, during Google Summer of Code '16.
- Implemented features such as navigation and multi-page printing for mobi and fb2 formats for the ebook reader in Yandex Browser.
- Fixed UI bugs related to video playback & image display on inconsistent Internet connections in a content recommender system.
- Developed an array of custom web components using Polymer for the browser’s password manager and settings page.
- Wrote unit and integration tests using Mocha, Chai, SinonJS, and the Chrome Extension API.
GOOGLE SUMMER OF CODE
- Worked on Green Navigation, an open source system to compute energy-optimal routes for electric vehicles.
- Implemented the ability to switch between Google and Leaflet maps and various map layers seamlessly.
- Integrated live traffic, weather and precipitation data using Google Maps API and OpenWeatherMap API.
- Redesigned the front end adhering to Material Design guidelines and implemented the interface using Polymer.
- Migrated the wiki to a custom Jekyll-powered static site, created a style guide and maintained documentation.
- Researched the market, created wireframes and designs for Datary, a new data marketplace for Spanish startups and banks.
- Implemented the revamped interface using custom web components built with Polymer.
- Refactored 40% of the existing Angular codebase into Polymer.
- The whole internship was in Spanish.
- Built an Angular web application for a job fair organized by the the Communitech hub in Waterloo, Canada, that allowed users to filter jobs by company and role, which led to increased website traffic and attendance at the event.
- Developed websites for upcoming conferences and fixed UI bugs in an array of company’s web projects.
In my spare time I enjoy training for triathlons and running competitions, strumming a few chords on the guitar and exploring the world with my camera. Check some of my photos out on Instagram.
I have recently started a blog to document my thoughts on Communication x Technology for a class, which might also contain occasional posts on other topics.